I love summer. And I forgot that I do like the Utah climate! I like going to the swimming pool and that I dry off almost instantly after getting out of the water. I think I prefer my summers to be hot and dry for three months straight, uninterrupted by relentless rain. Yup, this is me saying I have yet to miss the coast! ha!
I am really enjoying watching my boys play at the pool and observe the little miniature people they are becoming. Logan is fearless on the slide. Levi screams at people who come too close to his toy boat and sand bucket. Lawson mostly hates the water and runs away from me if I let him have a chance (he started walking a few weeks ago. Score!)
We planted a garden and I'm not as terrible at it like I thought I would be. Things are growing! Half of it is a total failure, but I needed to learn that carrots need a ton of moisture to be successful and green peppers from a seed usually are an epic fail. And I guess I didn't really want tomatoes, anyway. Now I need to weed, but the boys don't know it's a chore. They are loving watching the pumpkin patch thrive. Levi will die when he figures out watermelons are growing in his backyard.
Nick is studying for his real estate license and enjoying some time without a high pressure job. We've just been super happy lately. When we had our anniversary in May, we went to Moab, where we were told by a couple on a boat ride that year 7 is the hardest. We've yet to experience the horror of what they are talking about....knock on wood.
I also got to go to Frannie's wedding in June. It was probably one of the best sealings I've been to, besides for mine. Or maybe it just meant more to me than other sealings because Fran is my most favorite sister? I'm not sure. I would say Fran and my good friend Maria's sealings were the best I've been to, likely because they are crucial people in my life. Anyhow, I'm pretty proud of my sis, even though I almost got her shot the night before by taking her to a shady bowling alley the night before. Who knew the Oakland/Berkley area could be so sketchy? Not me. Apparently, I'm a small town girl at heart.
I've been getting up at the butt crack of dawn to run with some friends in our new ward. We're training for a half marathon. I am enjoying the competition and comradarie that it brings. I haven't been in this good of shape since before having Levi. Yay!
All in all, things are great, we're really enjoying Castle Dale. The people are great and the scenery is gorgeous. It's a different kind of pretty compared to Oregon but I'm thankful for what we have and the experiences of past and future.
TOFW
15 years ago



1 comment:
Glad you're liking it there! I don't miss the rain, either! Blech.
I'm training for a half marathon, too. But I'm still not in good shape! Ah well, it'll come back...I hope. I swear everytime I start training for one, I get pg...so maybe I don't want to do this...yikes.
But you guys sound like you're doing great! So glad to hear it! :)
Post a Comment