So, I've finally decided it's time to decorate! For those of you who've seen our home, you know I've only done the bare essentials, if that. So I've been ordering stuff online and I'm painting! My main focus right now is the boys room and the breakfast nook.
For the boys room, I am painting it a tan/beige. I'm taking off the bifold closet door and painting it bright fire engine red. I have a vinyl sign the reads, "We are Sons of God". I got some Alphabet appliques to put up. I also got a Spiderman Applique that's almost life size! Logan loves it already. Levi will be staying in his crib and Logan in his captain's bed. Once Levi is old enough for a real bed, we'll get a bunk bed and really have some fun!
For the breakfast nook, I also got a vinyl sign. I am going to put up some shelves painted a rich dark brown to hold some knick knacks that I just got and from the boxes I haven't unpacked yet. It should look so great!
I just realized my downstairs is plastered in wall paper but this time I am just going to paint over it. I am going to paint the office downstairs a nice pale apple green because Nick won't let me paint green anywhere else! I also have plans for the family room downstairs but I am still formulating. I think it would be fun to do an accent wall.
Nick is planning to have the windows replaced this summer. We are wanting to paint the outside trim a dark rich brown but are still deciding on a color. I've also been busy tearing out foilage because it's gotten too overgrown. The spring growth this year has been nuts! The neighbors commented that they can now see our house!
There are still some light fixtures and of course, the carpet and blinds I want to replace, but I think we're on the right track. I will paint the bathrooms as I get to it.....I prepped Levi's room tonight and it took a lot of work! I'm always so anxious to get the paint on the walls I usually hurry the prep time (the taping, removing the baseboards, taking off the outlet and light switch plates). I paint tomorrow morning! I'm so excited.
If you have any decor ideas, let me know! I haven't even started thinking about the master....
TOFW
15 years ago



1 comment:
Sounds exciting! I need to work up the energy to do some decorating aorund here!
Post a Comment