After a ton of thought, prayer, fasting, and talking, and repeat of the same, Nicholas and I have decided to finish up our time here in Oregon and move to the area of Price, Utah (kinda south and kinda eastern Utah). This by far one of the harder decisions we've made as a couple, since there were a lot of reasons to go and a lot of reasons to stay. It's weird that the job opportunity has been one of the easiest we've come by and we're extremely grateful for it. I'm really excited about the job!
Unfortunately, it means we're leaving my family and moving about three hours away from Nick's family. So we're not going to be close to family, although I do have a cousin not far away in Orem, who I love to death, so that's awesome. This summer has been really really super tough; I think this was the biggest reason that lead to our decision to move, since the problem really only exists here and it won't where we're going. So, yay for good mental health, right?! I'm actually excited that this will be better for relationships all the way around. Who doesn't want that? So again, yay for everyone!
I am concerned about moving three kids but Logan has grown used to the idea. He is my biggest worry about moving but I think it's an opportunity for growth. As always, we will soldier along with him and we will be just fine. In fact, I expect him to improve, as he always does when tough times come.
In the meantime, we're intending to rent our house but so far, no takers. Here is our craigslist ad: http://oregoncoast.craigslist.org/apa/2127295784.html
Sounds like we're moving next month some time. We're playing a lot by ear and trying to stay flexible. In the meantime, I guess it's time to start packing since Christmas has passed and the time to go is getting close!



2 comments:
Wow, congrats guys! Good luck in your new adventures.
I'm excited you're coming! It will be nice to have more family out this way. That reminds me I got your message about the dog but I don't think that will work for me...there's just a lot going on right now...so sorry Karissa. Anyway....hope to see you and your "L" boys soon!
Post a Comment